This blog will not be adding more posts but will remain open for you to access the information that will remain here.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A great start

I can't tell you how delighted I am with the start of The Co-op. New beginnings are always special but this has gone smoothly with few hitches and a lot of new connections being made.

I hope you're all finding topics that interest you. Don't forget to "follow" us or add us to your reader so you know when we update. With so many writers, we can't really tell you when that will be. There will always be interesting material for you to slowly flick through, so tell your friends we are here and hopefully we will will deliver information relevant to your life and the changes you want to make.

Hello to all the visitors from SouleMama! Amanda has a very special blog and we're really pleased to be mentioned on it.

Please let us know if you have any suggestions for the Co-op - topics we could write about or what your interests are. All feedback is helpful to us at this stage so let us know as much as you can via the comments or by emailing.

Hopefully, together, we can all make a difference, one home at a time.

9 comments:

Thimbleina said...

Would love to see things on repurposing items that you have to make something else. Like using old sweaters to make slippers (see my blog)I love inspiration for other things as I hate to throw things away.

Maggie said...

I think this is a fantastic idea. It is also great to be able to link to the writers blogs. I look forward to what you will all be writing about.

Michelle said...

I am one that came via SouleMama and I'm glad I did. I'm really looking forward to reading more!

Deb G said...

I came to visit via One Green Generation. Just wanted to say that I really like what you are doing here. A really great mix of food for thought and inspiration!

Carolyn said...

I love this concept. I already subscribe to half the blogs that the contributors post to, but this is a wonderful addition.

I'd like to see some commentary on how to sell a simple-green-frugal philosophy to reluctant or uninterested housemembers. It seems that most of the contributors made a transition from being a 'normal' consumer with a 'normal' lifestyle to something more conscious at a recent point in their lives. The details of how they made that transition would be great to read and mine for ideas.

Carolyn said...

I love the Blog. I did add you to my Reader! Looking forward to seeing what you have for us next.

Amy said...

I also came from soulemama. I love what you are doing. keep up the good work.

Sophia Sunshine said...

Rhonda Jean, a friend pointed me in the direction of your blog earlier this summer when I was hungry to find more people out there who are living the simpler life. I've enjoyed your blog but this co-op? It takes the cake.

In this crazy Alberta economy I've lost track of those values that are so important to me and living simply. I'm getting back on track but am so grateful that you have created this collaboration of "neighbours"
to share the word about truly getting more out of life.

Repeats or not, the posts this week have been so inspiring.

Bring on the talk about "no 'poo"!

sara said...

I keep trying to come up with ideas that I would like to read about. All of the posts so far have been great. I enjoyed the tutorial of patching a hole in the knee of jeans. I also love reading about gardening and would be especially interested in reading anything about the four season harvest. I would also be interested in ideas on frugal home making and decorating.