This blog will not be adding more posts but will remain open for you to access the information that will remain here.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

What's Possible


By now, I'm sure most of you know about the Dervaes family out of Pasadena, California. I first watched this video over a year ago and became really inspired by their efforts and way of living. As you can see by watching this video, it's amazing what one family can accomplish on a small urban plot of land. To produce over 6000 lbs of food annually on 1/10th of an acre of growing space is pretty incredible. Every once and a while, when daily life gets to be a bit overwhelming, I watch this video and dream.

6 comments:

Eilleen said...

I've not seen that before. How inspiring. Thank you.

Pat aka Posh said...

Thanks for sharing.. I'd never heard of this family before..

Chiot's Run said...

So true, they have lovely gardens!

min hus said...

Great video, it makes me want to get out there and extend my garden this year! :)

Margo said...

Just the pick me up I needed!

Melissa said...

That's great! But in all fairness it would be a little harder to pull off somewhere you didn't have the So. Cal climate. Or if you didn't choose to be vegetarian.

I would LOVE to bury the grass in the front & most of the backyard. Someday I'm sure I will.

Thanks for sharing!