This blog will not be adding more posts but will remain open for you to access the information that will remain here.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekly Rhythms Which Help

By: Notes From The Frugal Trenches


After a few weeks which left me feeling positively disheveled, I've been taking some time to commit to getting back into a rhythm which helps me lead a simple, green & frugal life even among the chaos of life! And for me, right now, those essential rhythms include...



















:: A weekly walk, preferably repeated each day ;)




















:: Homemade soup, perfect for a winter's eve - or for tackling summer allergies & sinuses



















:: Weekend cooking sessions so meals are healthy & simple during the week - this week roasted trout, brussel sprouts, cooked sweet potato, roasted lemony carrots and broccoli salad



















:: A few sessions with the needles - the perfect way to unwind

And when I take the time to incorporate a few little activities which help me lead a simpler life, I find that I'm learning an important lesson. A lesson in understanding no matter how busy, there is always a choice. A choice to rest, a choice to be in that moment, a choice to let go of the distractions and instead take a few minutes to focus, to be, to let go. And in that very moment - even if in the background there is noise and lists of things to do, I see the beautiful! And when I find that beautiful, even just a few minutes each day, it helps me set the tone for a relaxed and simple week.

What activities do you incorporate into your life which help you lead a simple, green or frugal life?

5 comments:

Patty said...

Oh...my...goodness!!! If you made that soup, you've got to share the recipe! My mouth is watering, seriously, and I just ate and am full. It looks so wonderful!

earthmotherwithin said...

I think it is important to have some exercise every day - we are re-establishing a morning walk.
Even if my simple lifestyle will potentially be more energetic, I find that this discipline sets me up for the day. Sometimes my plans for gardening or cleaning get interrupted, which is why the early morning walk is essential.

Rivergirl said...

Last year a friend introduced me to roast vegies as a whole meal, not just as a side dish. I really look forward to it each week. I know I'm getting a whole lot of goodness in one hit. I'm also into my fourth week now of having one night off a week from the TV (I was inspired by one of your blogs and the comments a few weeks ago). It still feels very strange but I get a lot more done on that night and it surprisingly makes me appreciate the TV much more when I turn it on the next evening.

trashmaster46 said...

I moved a couple of months ago, from living by myself and two cats to living with a total of five cats and two additional people. I'm still working out what my new rhythms and routines are. As a creature of habit, as a creature who needs a certain amount of habit, this has been really frustrating.

Angela said...

I'm also salivating at that soup and I don't even know exactly what it is! Roast veggies as a meal is wonderful. I add hummus sometimes, which I love with almost any roasted veg, but particularly red peppers, eggplant, and onions.