This blog will not be adding more posts but will remain open for you to access the information that will remain here.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

No sew doily scarf

by Eilleen

Hello everyone!

Well, its proven to be a cold winter here in Australia's capital. While the temps have been around the 10 degree celsius mark (about 50 degrees farenheit), freezing winds with a chill factor of about -1 C (or 30 F)have been sweeping through much of the southern east coast.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this easy, frugal (and green) idea for a scarf. Basically, grab a few doilies together.


Tie the doilies end to end with a ribbon.


And voila! A scarf.


I wish you all a fun weekend ahead. :)

4 comments:

Terra said...

This doily scarf is fabulous and very romantic in appearance.

martine said...

looks lovely and it's wonderfully retro ... but do people still have doilies hanging around?
thanks for sharing
martine

nellymary said...

I love doilies...I'm collecting them to make jug covers....there are many things you can do with doilies...and there are some beauties in op-shops screaming out to be saved....
also wanted to say I love the new look of the blog too....fantastic.

Eilleen said...

Thanks all and I'm glad you guys liked the scarf. I actually raided my parents cupboard for the doilies. They haven't used their doilies in a long while!!

I am also thinking of taking this scarf apart and making something else I've been wanting to make for a while. Stay tuned!