This blog will not be adding more posts but will remain open for you to access the information that will remain here.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Braiding small onions

by Francesca @ FuoriBorgo


braiding


Recently Sadge wrote a very informative post about how to make garlic braids for long-term storage (here). I used her tips, and made braids with some of the smaller onions that I harvested a couple of weeks ago. (I stored the larger onions, which would be too heavy to braid, in a crate in a cool spot of the house, after I'd removed the dirt, stems and dried roots - the method my neighbors have taught me to help delay sprouting.)


Braiding my small onions this way worked very well, creating a couple of beautifully decorative edible braids.


How do you store your onions or garlic? I'd love to hear, and if anyone has photos, please send them, and we'll share them with Co-op readers!


Please email your photos to me at: fuoriborgo at gmail dot com


3 comments:

Michelle said...

i love it!

La Chili said...

It looks very pretty, I'm going for my first onion and garlic harvest this year, so I'll try that.

Sadge said...

That looks great! Watch for Friday's post about shallots - another easy-to-grow allium.