This blog will not be adding more posts but will remain open for you to access the information that will remain here.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

My kick arse sugar cookies!

by Eilleen

Hello everyone!

Oooh one more sleep before Christmas! How are you all going? Are you feeling excited? Or stressed? This time of the year always brings such a mixed bag of feelings for me, but overall, I'm feeling quite excited over Christmas.

So here's the recipe for my favourite stocking filler - Sugar Cookies...or what I like to call my kick arse sugar cookies.

I originally got my recipe from here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-rolled-sugar-cookies/. But as usual, I've personalised it a little bit (plus I don't measure so I never get the exact amounts anyway). So here's my version:

Ingredients
250 g butter, softened
250 g white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of Republica Fairtrade Drinking Chocolate

Directions

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add drinking chocolate powder and mix until dissolved in the mixture. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Cover, and chill dough overnight...or a few nights. I get there when I'm ready.

Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.

The dough is usually very cold so I take pieces out it (enough to roll out 2 shapes). Roll out dough on floured surface about 2 cms thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies about 3-5 cms apart on ungreased baking paper.

Bake 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

And here's why I call them kick arse.....


The graduates of the Ninja Cookie School

The Ninja Cookie School Hospital

Anyway, I wish you all peace and happiness during the festive season!
See you next year!

5 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

ha ha ha ha...those cookies are so cute ;) :) :) THanks for the recipe ;) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Ariad said...

Love them!

Anonymous said...

So how is the drinking chocolate used? The cookies are adorable.

queen of string said...

They're brilliant. We are gifting all our successful gingerbread men and eating all the casualties at home :-)

Eilleen said...

Ooops sorry, the drinking chocolate goes in when the sugar and butter is being used (the drinking chocolate is to substitute the sugar - the original recipe called for heaps more sugar than what I already listed). Off to amend my post.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I hope you have a good Christmas!