from Spiral Garden
Last year, I wrote about reskilling here. And just this week I was thinking that reskilling really is a way of life for us now. We're actively learning to do new things all the time.
|image from energybulletin.net|
Some of the things I have learned to do in the past year or so:
- different ways to grow sprouts
- making toothpaste and other personal care products
- cooking more sauces (like worcestershire, chilli)
- cooking with various cuts of beef
- making feta cheese with jersey milk
- using the food dehydrator for various things
- treating sick animals with natural remedies
It's amazing how much we can do just by learning a handful of skills each year!
I'd like to learn how to plaster fibro walls, grow potatoes more successfully, catch a fish in the creek (will get my boys to take me fishing), build a trellis, grow more legumes to use as dried beans, dig up my sweet potatoes at the right time, make hard cheese...
What skills have you learned recently? What would you like to learn this year?