This blog will not be adding more posts but will remain open for you to access the information that will remain here.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

A winter tip...

By Eilleen
Consumption Rebellion
Good morning winter!


OMG, its so cold at the moment! Well, cold for me. I know that many readers of this blog would be used to even colder weather.  Recently, a friend of mine posted this on her Facebook status:


"Expecting frost overnight? Just fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water and spray on your car windows at night. In the morning, they should be clear of the icy mess. How does it work? Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water – preventing water from freezing. What to do if you wake up to an already frozen car? Just spray the mixture on your window and watch it melt."


Its such a good tip. I worked late a few days ago and found my car windows frozen when I came out at work.  With only a small water bottle with me, I trudged back into work to try and find vinegar....lucky I found one (we must use it for salad dressing) and the mixture worked!


I replaced the vinegar the next morning with a note to the owner telling them about the tip.

Do you have any winter tips? I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

Calidore said...

What a fantastic idea. Thank you for posting it. My car windows were frozen over the other morning - despite it being in the garage. Might have explained why I felt cold all night.

allotmentadventureswithjean said...

I remember frozen windscreens during cold winters in the UK. Wish someone had given me the tip then!

Gavin Webber said...

Thanks Eilleen, great tip. I will start using that one.

I wish I had have know it when I lived in Canberra!

Gav x