In these parts it is the beginning of spring; a season which brings birth, renewal and the promise of the sun (I know some of the co-op readers are headed into Autumn, which is equally as beautiful!). This is also a time when a lot of people are facing continued economic hardships, due to unemployment, pay cuts or just normal living expenses. One of the immense blessings my own economic hardships has brought, is a renewed love of the little things and the ability to see joy in very unexpected places. And so today I thought we could all share what our favourite little things are and what simple ways we find joy!
My favourite simple joys are:
- Flowers, there is nothing more beautiful than looking at flowers!
- Planting seeds - what it is about having your hands in the earth that is just so liberating?
- Playing my violin
- Listening to classical music
- Cleaning - yes, I do love a good spring clean :0)
- A simple healthy breakfast
- A long hike in the countryside
- Watching a roaring fire
- A large salad
- An evening spent chatting with friends
- Snuggling with a favourite pet
- A nap
- Listening to the birds
- Jumping in the leaves
- Finding the sun in unexpected places
- The sound of laughter
- A walk by the sea
What are your little pleasures? Where do you find simple joy?